Monday, September 24, 2012

Game Board Project --8th Grade


 

I was looking through my old flashdrive and found more pictures of projects I've worked on in the previous years. 

Towards the end of the 8th grade, we were assigned to create a game board with a theme of our choice with criteria we learned in that year's science class. I was, and still am a Green Day fan, so naturally I convinced my group to base our theme off of the Simpson's Movie which Green Day guest starred in. I was in charge of the designing the game board and became really excited with the idea. 

When making projects I always have the tendency of using whatever I have available in my home to design the project. So the materials I used for this project was a bit random I suppose. I used tissue paper, foam, popsicle sticks (to ensure the stability of the columns), paper, duct tape, tooth picks, cardboard and Q-tips (for the mic heads). 

I remember I wanted to meet my peer's expectations for this project since they were trusting me to work on the design by myself. During this project one of my group mates, who is also now a close friend of mine, felt a bit uneasy with allowing me to work on the game board design by myself, worried that I'd have trouble meeting the deadline. This taught me to make sure I always give and ask my group mates for updates on the progress we have made in each other's part of the assignment to ensure that our group is organized and on task. 

No comments:

Post a Comment