Friday, September 21, 2012

French Horn--8th Grade



In the 8th grade I was given the assignment to research and create a model of the french horn for music class. I had started off by simply staring at a basic outline of a french horn and drew it over and over again until I understood it's structure. Soon afterwards I began to savage through the materials that I had and decided to create the structure of the french horn using wire, cardboard, paper and tape. Once I had the basic structure for it, I began to paper mache. Unfortunately, once I was done with that whole process I realized that I didn't own gold paint and begun to panic. Once again savaging through my art closet, I finally found gold colored tissue paper I had left over from a previous project and layered the tissue paper along the surface of my paper mache french horn.

I remembered I worked on this project for hours, making a note to myself that I would never procrastinate again, however I also remember being proud of the final outcome and would later take pride in the fact that my music teacher would continue to display it in her classroom for years later. 

I think this project taught me that I must always sketch out a plan or a basic outline for whatever project I need to complete. 

1 comment: